Welcome at the GP out-of-hours clinic Zeeland, for urgent medical help > 0031-88-0228104
GP-CARE while coronavirus (COVID-19) is an issue (COVID-19):
Do NOT go to the GP or GP-unit without a appointment. You must ALWAYS call first!
Coronavirus precautions mean that you will not be allowed into the GP unit or to see the doctor unless you have an appointment.
Outside office hours (Monday to Friday 18:00 to 08:00, Saturday & Sunday and pub. holidays): call the GP unit
If you need an ambulance, call 112.
What you need to know about the Coronavirus: Corona-virus-Pharos-11-mei-English
The Holiday doctor for tourists in Walcheren who need GP care from 20 July till 21 August 2020
Who is the holiday doctor for?
Between 20 July and 21 August 2020, tourists in the Walcheren area who have health problems can see the holiday doctor! The holiday doctor is a Dutch GP who holds special consulting hours for tourists. This is on Monday to Friday between 12:00 and 18.00.
An appointment can be made for GP care that cannot wait until after your holiday.
If you have complaints that are consistent with coronavirus (respiratory symptoms such as a sore throat, coughing, fever and shortness of breath), remain indoors, self-isolate and get tested.
You can call the municipal health services on 0800-1202 to get a coronavirus test.
Go to www.ggdzeeland.nl and www.zeelandveilig.nl/coronavirus for the latest information about the coronavirus, the precautions and the testing policy.
Go to www.zhco.nl for up-to-date information about GP care.
If you have any coronavirus-related questions about your health, please contact your own GP in the first instance. You cannot go to the nearest GP or holiday doctor for coronavirus complaints.
How does it work?
First call the nearest GP. If an appointment is needed, the assistant will arrange a time, either at the nearest GP or at the holiday doctor.
At the local GP and holiday doctor:
- Wait outside or in your car until 5 minutes before your appointment.
- Come inside alone (without anyone accompanying you). Patients under 16 can have a maximum of 1 person accompanying them.
- Disinfect your hands when you come in.
- local GP: Let the assistant at the reception desk know that you have arrived.
Holiday doctor: Report in at the holiday doctor’s reception desk in the Getijden
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres (five feet) away from staff members and other patients.
- Make sure that you bring proof of identity, proof of insurance and an overview of your medication.
- If you do not have a Dutch insurance policy, you pay for the consultation using a bank or credit card. You can then claim the expense back from your own health insurance.
- As part of the coronavirus precautions, please leave the practice immediately after the consultation (and payment).
You can find the holiday GP in the GP practice “De Getijden 2” next to the ADRZ Hospital in Vlissingen (the entrance to the GP Centre and the GP practice ‘De Getijden’): Koudekerkseweg 86, 4382 ED Vlissingen
NOTE: BECAUSE OF THE CORONAVIRUS PRECAUTIONS, YOU REALLY WILL NOT BE HELPED IF YOU COME TO THE PRACTICE WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT.
So always call the nearest GP for an appointment first!
Information on what to do if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) or you are / was near someone infected with coronavirus (COVID-19):
Information on what to do if you have coronavirus (COVID-19): https://lci.rivm.nl/covid-19-patient-EN
Information for people living with someone infected with coronavirus (COVID-19): https://lci.rivm.nl/covid-19-huisgenoten-EN
Information for people who have been near someone infected with coronavirus (COVID-19): https://lci.rivm.nl/covid-19-nauwe-contacten-EN
Information for people who have been in contact with someone infected with coronavirus (COVID-19): https://lci.rivm.nl/covid-19-overige-contacten-EN